Your Search Begins Here
Buying a home is one of life’s biggest investments and most exciting adventures. I will guide you along the way to make your experience smooth and successful.
This Home Buyer Guide includes helpful information to get you started:
– The purchasing process
– The power of pre-approval
– Your home search
– Full-Service Support
Your Partner in the Process
When you choose me to represent you, you’ll have someone by your side every step of the way. I provide insights and information you need to have confidence in your decision.
As your trusted agent, I will:
– Meet with you to discuss your needs & goals, and plan your property email search
– Help you get pre-approved with a local, trusted lender
– Show you properties that meet your criteria
– Keep you informed of all new properties
– Work with you until you find the right home for you
– Help determine & negotiate the offer & contract in your best interests
– Facilitate the home inspection & resolution process
– Prepare you for closing & the associated costs
– Keep you updated throughout the entire process
Power of Pre-Approval
Why Pre-Approval Matters
The first step in any home search is finding out exactly how much home you can afford & securing the financing to make the purchase.
Pre-approval helps you:
-Understand your financial condition
-Know exactly how much home you can afford before you begin your home search
-Strengthen your purchasing power when making an offer
Choosing a local, trusted lender is always best. Local lenders usually have a better understanding of the area & are much better for communication purposes. However, you are welcome to use any lender you are comfortable with.
The Pre-Approval Process
Here are some of the documents that you will need to provide your lender to get the pre-approval process started:
-Current pay stubs, usually for the last two months
-W-2’s or 1099’s, usually for the last two years
-Tax returns, usually for the last two years
– Bank Statements
– Investments/Brokerage firm statements
– Net worth of businesses owned (if applicable)
– Credit card statements
– Loan statements
– Alimony/Child support payments (if applicable)
Making An Offer
There are many factors that influence the market value of a home. I will give you insight & information you need to make an offer you’re comfortable with. Some of the factors to consider include:
– How long the home has been on the market
– If, and how many times, the price has been reduced
– How much the home is worth – this is determined through a comparable market analysis (CMA) showing the list & sale price for similar homes in the area.
– If there are multiple offers
– Other items that might be included in the sale (furniture, hot tub, etc.)
– The list to sale price ratio
– Why the seller is selling
– Whether the seller is offering an assumable loan or financing
Getting to Closing
Your offer has been accepted – now what?
Most sales are contingent on the results of a home inspection, which is paid for by the buyer. Inspection timeframes are typically 7-10 calendar days. At the inspection, the inspector will review the home’s exterior elements, kitchen, bathrooms, appliances, & major systems like heating & cooling, plumbing, and electrical.
This is a historical review of all legal documents relating to ownership of the property to ensure that there are no claims against the title of the property. It is recommended you purchase title insurance in case the records contain errors or mistakes in the review process.
Your lender will order an appraisal report to ensure that the loan will be guaranteed by the home’s value.
You will be given the chance to look at the home to make sure it’s in the same condition as when you signed the purchase agreement. This is typically done the day before closing.
In addition to your earnest money (deposit) and down payment, there are a variety of other costs involved in closing, including:
– Loan origination fees, appraisals, & reports
– Surveys & inspections
– Mortgage insurance
– Hazard insurance
– Title insurance, notary, & escrow fees
– Recording fees & stamps
Getting Started – Let Me Go To Work For You!
Your home buying needs are one of a kind. Using the unmatched resources of eXp Realty, I will develop a custom plan to:
– Provide you with proven, powerful, & personal service
– Help you find the right home & negotiate the best possible price & terms for it
– Close the sale in a smooth, timely manner
Bjerknes Realty Group is committed to your complete satisfaction, and will represent your interests with the utmost care, honesty, integrity, & discretion.
Are you ready for me to go to work for you?